Family Support Advisor
At Regent Farm we have a Family Support Advisor in school every morning from Monday to Thursday called Barbara Kirkbright. The role of the FSA is to work in partnership with pupils, families and staff to enable all pupils to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers at home and school which may impact learning and attendance. They are someone who can help families in need of practical or emotional support and, sometimes, they are just a friendly ear to listen.
A Family Support Advisor's role is:
- To build parents and carers confidence to deal with difficult parenting issues and behaviours
- To strengthen relationships and communication between home, school and other professionals
- To encourage involvement in school activities
- To help parents and carers support their children with their learning
- To offer one to one and group support to pupils
- To help build children’s self-esteem through nurture groups
You may wish to contact Barbara for issues such as:
- I’m really worried about my child’s self-esteem.
- We have had a bereavement in the family.
- I just need someone to talk to.
- I’ve lost all my confidence since I gave up work to have children.
- I’m just not coping since my partner left.
- I need help sorting out a housing problem.
- I am worried about violence in our household.
- I have some questions about being a parent/carer.
- My financial situation has changed and I’m worried about money.
- I am struggling with my health and need some help.
As parents and carers, there are times when you need a little extra support and guidance; someone to talk to and help point you in the right direction. Someone who’s non-judgemental, someone who will listen and offer practical advice and support. We will do whatever we can to help you or will be able to help locate someone that can. If you would like advice or support on any issue, you can contact Barbara to arrange a meeting or informal chat via her mobile (07415 404841) or the school office.